I know the theme of my blog is about looking at the world in a positive way, but I'm going to deviate from that for a moment to share something that I have always sort of suspected and now know for a fact:
Boys can be kind of dumb sometimes. Mind you, not ALL guys are bad. I know DOZENS of men out there who are the definition of awesome. Odds are, if you're reading this, then you are one of the men I think very highly of.
But there are OTHER men out there that make me want to curl up in my bedcovers and never leave my room. Or, sometimes I want to punch them in the face. I feel that men tend to fall into categories, and I always run into the same couple of (crappy) categories.
#1: The AWESOME ONES! Yayyy! You go, awesome guys! They're gentlemanly, sweet, friendly, honest, and they don't have to be interested in a girl to be nice to them. If you are my friend and you are male, you probably fall into this category.
#2: The arrogant jerks. Get over yourself! You're not as great as you think you are!
#3: The hit 'er and quit 'er types. Disgusting.
#4: That guy who isn't remotely interested in dating you but flirts shamelessly with you. TEASE!
#5: Creepy Mcgee
#6: Taken or emotionally unavailable (or possibly gay) They're either already in a relationship, or so far in the closet they're having adventures in Narnia.
#6: Taken or emotionally unavailable (or possibly gay) They're either already in a relationship, or so far in the closet they're having adventures in Narnia.
#7: Mr. Won't-Call-Back
#8: The guy who doesn't date... for some reason "Who? Girls? Huh?" I don't even think these guys even know that they SHOULD be dating
and last but not-to-be-forgotten,
#9: The I-am-so-burned-out-on-dating-I'm-going-to-hate-on-women-until-I-die Guy. (Mind you, guys in recent post-breakup situations do not fall into this category--they have a valid reason to hate women)
I meet ALL of these types of guys. But sadly, sometimes I think that there is a glitch in my brain that makes it so that my love-button is broken and I always like the wrong category. In theory, I should always like the AWESOME guy. But I'm just too dumb to be happy like that. I'm always interested in the #2's, #4's, #6, and #7. Which, of course, makes dating all but impossible at times.
I know what my problem is, obviously. I'm female. Guy friends have frequently asked me "Why do women like jerks?"
I can't give them a good answer. It's just the way it is. Just watch The Bachelorette sometime if you need proof that girls like jerks (the d-bags always make far in the show) We get caught up in their gimmicks and confidence and pretty soon, you're getting dumped for some young pretty blonde thang.
But not to worry, nice men! The nice guy might finish last, but he DOES get the girl in the end. Which is good news for me too-- I'm going to eventually be in a committed relationship who is ACTUALLY super cool! Hopefully. I mean, I'm pretty cool with being a cat lady if it comes down to that.

No comments:
Post a Comment