Sunday, April 17, 2011

I STILL smell like campfire, and I LOVE it!


I decided that I'm probably going to smell like campfire for the rest of my life, and you know what, I'm okay with that. 

This weekend was FANTASTIC. I've spent my entire weekend at the side of a fire.  On Friday I tagged along with Mary& Parker (cutest couple ever!) to a bonfire that was more like a wildfire, it was so huge.  There were about eighty people there and even with that many people huddled around it, I still felt like I was burning alive.

The second bonfire, the one on Saturday, was more relaxed and enjoyable.  Ashling had the idea to have some s'mores with a few friends, and we all went up to the same spot, Camp Dewitt, and made a much smaller fire with much fewer people. It was just us roommates, Sara's boyfriend Stefan and his roommates, Mary's boyfriend Parker and HIS roommates, and of course Braden.

(Sara and Stefan.  Aren't they cute together?)

Jeff (pictured below), Chris and I went into the woods in the dark to find a hidden waterfall.  The picture below is our attempt at finding and photographing it :)

 Mary & Parker, or, as I like to call them, Marker.
 Ashling was fire dancing, and Braden was very intent on roasting the perfect marshmallow.


 This was us, just before we went on the "bear hunt!"
All in all, it was a good night.

p.s.-- This weekend, I have eaten SO many sweets, it's ridiculous! My roommate Sara is a fabulous cook who cooks desserts for us ALL the time, which is both fantastic and horrible, because I'm going to get very, very fat if I keep this up.  I feel like a fat kid who binge eats whenever she pushes her delicious cooking in front of me, and that's exactly what I do--binge.

I'm kinda low on groceries this weekend, so I've been eating a lot of what Sara has cooked, which meant sugar, sugar, and more sugar.  I think the only things I ate this weekend were S'mores, cake, chocolate, and apple pie.  Today at church, they announced a linger longer, and I was really excited to finally eat regular food, until I walked in and it was a bunch of DESSERTS! Aghhhh!  Of course I ate EVERY dish.  Every caramel brownie, chocolate mousse pie, cookie, and cake is now in my stomach.  I feel like I'm going to die.  Of happiness, of course. The diabetic coma hasn't set in, which is a good thing.

The picture above is Sara's luscious coconut cake, which is to die for.  I have never put anything into my stomach that was more delicious.  If you want the recipe, go to her latest blog post: http://saralindsaygarlick.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-success-and-one-failure.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment